NLLA’s 50th Anniversary Conference will take place over two days, on Monday, April 29th and Tuesday, April 30th, 2019. This year, our theme is 50 years of Celebrating Libraries.
The NLLA is pleased to announce the 3rd year for the Conference Bursary. The bursary will be open to all members of the NLLA currently residing in Newfoundland and Labrador. The bursary can be used for travel expenses and/or accommodation. Funds will be awarded on an as needed basis.
Deadline for Application will be Friday April 12, 2019.
Funds can be collected at the 2019 NLLA Conference. If you are unable to attend the conference, the bursary will be forfeited. Please note, due to limited funds, if the number of applicants exceeds the funds available for bursaries, bursaries will be awarded to as many applicants as possible. Not all costs may be covered and will be reviewed on a case-by-case situation.
- Who can apply
- You must be a member by the time you apply
- What the funding will cover
- The cost of two-way travel from hometown to St. John’s
- Accommodation associated with conference attendance in St. John’s
- What do I need to provide
- Application form
- Accommodation invoice/receipt
- Receipt(s) can be submitted after the conference. In some cases, it may not be possible for recipients to get accommodation receipts until they checkout. Additionally, travel receipts may not be issued until a return trip is completed. Bursary funds will not be issued until receipts are received.
- How to estimate travel expenses
- Driving – Gas is charged at $0.35/km
- Bus – DRL Price Calculator
- Air – Air Canada, WestJet or Pal
- To qualify, members must be:
- Employed in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador in a library/archive/museum related field and have worked in that field for at least one year
- Must have prior authorization to attend or take part in the conference from your supervisor/employer
- You can become a member when submitting the application by also submitting the membership application and fees.
- The reviewing of applications and awarding of the bursary will be made by the Bursary Planning Committee, comprised of members of the conference planning committee and chaired by the Vice President of NLLA.