Freedom to Read Week (February 23 – March 1) is an annual event that encourages Canadians to think about and reaffirm their commitment to intellectual freedom, which is guaranteed them under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. NLLA invites you to celebrate your Freedom to Read by playing our great Book Bingo Contest for a chance to win a Grand Prize of an iPad Mini, or books by Newfoundland authors or a Chapters/Coles gift card.
How to Play
Get your READ Bingo Card by:
- Going to your nearest Newfoundland & Labrador Public Library,
- your nearest Memorial University Library
- or downloading a READ Bingo Card
Find a book title to match each of the 14 squares on the READ bingo card. Discover new Newfoundland & Labrador books and revisit some of your old favourites! Once you have written a matching title in every square, complete the contact information found on the bottom of the card and submit your card for a chance to win.
How to Sumbit Your Entry
There are several ways to enter:
- Drop it off at any public library location in Newfoundland and Labrador or any Memorial University Libraries’ location
- Mail it to: NLLA, PO Box 23192, Churchill Square, St. John’s, NL, A1B 4J9
- Scan and email it to: email@example.com
Contest Rules: Contest is open to any resident of Newfoundland & Labrador. Library staff from all over the province are encouraged to enter, but will not be eligible for the Grand Prize. Winners will be drawn at random from correctly completed cards and will be announced in early May. Contest Deadline: April 17, 2014.
Download the Book Bingo Contest Poster: